September 13, 2013

13, 11, 24, 31

Today is Friday the 13th. Superstition expresses that this day is an unlucky day, a day to be fearful of. Luckily, there are not very many Friday the 13th in a year. But for me, Friday the 13th has been a lucky day for me. The number 13 is one I always liked too.
Every 11 years, the days in the months are repeated. Today is my 11th anniversary with my other half. That's right, it was a Friday the 13th in September that we went out for that first date, (breakfast at Denny's at 3am) and we've been together ever since.
Before that first date, we encountered some amazing and amusing 'coincidental' things, I won't get into all the details, the  list of everything, but basically I felt that this was the Universe talking. One of the coincidental things was our birthdays. When he told me that his birthday was December 24th, he could not see my face at the time, but I was silently laughing for two reasons mostly. My reply to him, "My birthday is December 31st."
We are both Eve babies; Christmas Eve & New Years Eve. That also makes us both Capricorns and that was another reason I was laughing. I seem to have a 'thing' for Capricorns. Signs of my serious relationships in order, Leo, Aries, Capricorn, Capricorn, Capricorn, and now Capricorn. It was after Capi #3 that I learned that in my natal chart, my sun and moon mid-point draws me towards or draws towards me, Capricorns.
So when he said he was born on 12/24, it was a moment of amusement, sarcastic but tender, 'you've got to be kidding!'

Now what brings this all together is what happened on our 'true' September Friday the 13th anniversary that only comes every 11 years. And it's in the year 2013!
We decided that Denny's was where we should go. Not the same one, that is too far away. It was far the first time, almost an hour away, but now it would take us almost 3 hours to get there. Why do that when we are 5 minutes away from one?
So there we were at Denny's and we get the check. I look at the total to figure the proper tip amount and it took me a moment, but then I saw it. It made me giggle. I handed it over to my sweetie and said, "Look at the total."
He laughed and said, "24-31. That's funny."


No comments:

Post a Comment

From Mother to Crone ~ Adventures in Premenopause